Tomorrow X Together is setting new records worldwide with its latest release, "The Name Chapter: Freefall."
The band's agency, Big Hit Music, on Sunday announced the album, which came out on Friday, sold 225,184 copies in Japan on its first day and debuted atop Oricon's daily album ranking.
It surpassed the band's previous first-day sales record there of 184,971 copies of its fifth EP, "The Name Chapter: Temptation," in January.
The LP also made a splash on Spotify, the world's biggest music streaming service, entering the platform's Daily Top Song Global chart at No. 89. The quintet also ranked at No. 69 on Spotify's Daily Top Artist Global chart with the new album.
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- ‘Art in Series’ embraces autumn delights
- 北, 러 주최 국제포럼서 '국제수송' 논의…무기거래 우회로 찾나
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- First lady meets haenyeo, expresses respect, gratitude
- S. Korea finishes 3rd with 42 gold medals at Hangzhou Asian Games